What are 10 vocab words?
What are 10 vocab words?
10 Most Important English Vocabulary Words Day-1
- Entitlement- (noun) Hindi Meaning- अधिकार
- Allegedly- (adverb) Hindi Meaning- आरोपित, तथाकथित
- Exaggerate- (verb ) Hindi Meaning- बढ़ा चढ़ा कर बोलना
- Downpour- (noun ) Hindi Meaning- मुसलाधार बारिश
- Possession- (noun)
- Sovereignty- (noun)
- Underpin- (verb)
- Influence- (noun)
What are unique English words?
Do you know what a quincunx is? Here are 15 of the most unusual words in the English dictionary
- Deliquescent. Adjective: Becoming liquid, or having a tendency to become liquid.
- Flabbergast. Verb: Surprise someone greatly.
What is a rare word?
50 Rare Words That Are Useful to Know
- Accismus (noun) Accismus is a useful term for pretending to be disinterested in something when you actually want it.
- Acumen (noun)
- Anachronistic (adjective)
- Anthropomorphize (verb)
- Apricate (verb)
- Bastion (noun)
- Burgeon (verb)
- Convivial (adjective)
What is the cutest word?
What’s The Cutest Word In The World?
What is the 10th longest word?
10 Longest Words in the English Language
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters)
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters)
- Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 letters)
- Honorificabilitudinitatibus (27 letters)
- Thyroparathyroidectomized (25 letters)
- Dichlorodifluoromethane (23 letters)
- Incomprehensibilities (21 letters)
What are some uncommon words?
10 unusual words to add to your English vocabulary
- Anachronism. An anachronism is something (or someone) that is out of place in terms of time or chronology.
- Accismus. A form of irony in which someone feigns indifference to something he or she desires.
Which word takes 3 hours to say?
You will be surprised to know that the longest word in English has 1, 89,819 letters and it will take you three and a half hours to pronounce it correctly. This is a chemical name of titin, the largest known protein.
What is the 52 letter word?
Aequeosalinocalcalinoceraceoaluminosocupreovitriolic: noun, a word coined by Dr. Edward Strother to describe the spa waters in Bath, England. At 52 letters, this is the longest English word ever created that appears outside literature.
How are can you find what grade level vocabulary words?
Draw a picture about the word.
What are high level words?
high-level. Contexts . . Adjective. Difficult to analyze or understand. Having influence or power. Denotes the effectiveness or dominance of a particular action. ( of a job or position) Involving responsibility or a degree of personal accountability. Of, relating to, or involving two or more governments.
How can I increase my vocabulary?
Use vocabulary learning methods to focus quickly on the vocabulary YOU need to study.
What are Tier II vocabulary words?
– How useful is the word? Is it a word that students are likely to meet often in other texts? – How does the word relate to other words or ideas in the curriculum? Does it directly relate to a specific topic of study – What does the word bring to a text or situation? What role does the word play in understanding the overall meaning?