What is a Kannel?
What is a Kannel?
In computing, Kannel is an open-source WAP gateway. It provides the essential part of the WAP infrastructure as open source software to everyone so that the market potential for WAP services, both from wireless operators and specialized service providers, will be realized as efficiently as possible.
What is Kannel in Linux?
kannel(8) – Linux man page Kannel is an WAP and SMS gateway. WAP is short for Wireless Application Protocol, and is used to implement hypertext based services on mobile phones. SMS is short for Short Message Service, and is used to send and recive short (up to 160 characters) text messages with mobile phones.
How do I use Kannel to send a text?
In order to do so, you need to add smsc details in kannel. conf file. You need to mention the smsc details in the section ‘group = smsc’. And to use the desired smsc just mention the smsc-id in your link for sending the message.
How do I use Kannel SMS gateway?
How to connect Kannel SMS Gateway to Ozeki NG SMS Gateway
- Step 1: Install an SMPP user.
- Step 2: Configure Kannel SMS Gateway.
- Step 3: Check the connection between the two SMS gateways.
- Step 4: Forward incoming messages to Kannel SMS Gateway.
- Step 5: Receive SMS messages from Kannel SMS Gateway.
What is Kannel SMS gateway?
Kannel – WAP and SMS Gateway Kannel is a free, open source, very powerful and widely used popular WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) and SMS gateway solution. It is primarily developed on Linux systems, and can be ported to other Unix-like systems.
What is Kannel gateway?
Kannel is a compact and very powerful open source WAP and SMS gateway, used widely across the globe both for serving trillions of short messages (SMS), WAP Push service indications and mobile internet connectivity.
How do I start Kannel?
A kannel package is included with Ubuntu, so installation is very easy:
- sudo apt-get install kannel.
- sudo service kannel stop.
- sudo vim /etc/default/kannel # or use your favorite editor.
- sudo service kannel start.
How do I check my Kannel status?
make sure your Kannel is running, you can do ps ax and tail Kannel log to see whether or not the Kannel runs properly.
How can I make my own SMS gateway?
- 4.2.1. Install required packages for build.
- 4.2.2. Download & Install SMS Server Tools 3.
- 4.2.3. Configure the SMS Server Tools.
- 4.2.4. Start the SMS Gateway.
- 4.2.5. Test the SMS Gateway.
Is there a free SMS gateway?
TextBelt Open Source It uses a free mechanism for sending texts, different from the more reliable paid version available at https://textbelt.com. This project uses carrier-specific gateways to deliver your text messages for free, and without ads.